Tex Mex - Mixed Bean
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 green peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2x400g tinned tomatoes
- 4tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 340g sweetcorn
- 200g button mushroom
- 410g can green lentils
- 420g can red kidney beans
- 420g cannelloni beans
- Add 2 tsp of olive oil to a non-stick saucepan and place over a medium heat.
- Cook the onion and veg stock and garlic until the onions are soft.
- Add the cumin, peppers and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, and sweetcorn.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir the mushrooms in and simmer for a further 5 minutes, then season.
- Add the lentils, cannelloni beans and kidney beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and chopped red chilli.
- Serve with rice or a sweet potato.
All rights reserved by NAC Fitness